New Icann domain requirements.
Part of the New ICANN Domain registration requirements are that registrants email address must exist if our renewal emails bounce to your email address the registrar provider will set the domain in a hold state. Let us know your thoughts. Below are the details and your ICANN Rights.
Validating a registrant’s email address
- Effective immediately, the registrant contact needs to be validated upon the purchase or transfer of a domain name, or if the registrant’s first name, last name or email address have been modified.
- Reminder emails will be re-sent on days 5, 10 and 13 within the 15-day validation window; messages on days 10 and 13 of this process are sent to the Admin, Tech and Billing contacts as well.
- The same process takes place if a WHOIS Data Reminder Policy (WDRP) notice, 30 day expiration notice or 5 day expiration notice bounce. It’s therefore crucial to ensure that your WHOIS data information is correct.
- Failing to receive a response within 15 days requires us to suspend the domain name. As a result, the name will be placed on ClientHold, rendering the domain name inactive.
- This process applies to all gTLDs. There is no impact to existing names as long as they are not modified, and WDRP/expiration notices do not bounce.